Welcome to the Demo Kitchen
The Demo Kitchen at Faubion School provides a space for students and community members to come together to experience and learn new culinary skills and techniques. The kitchen seats 30 people and is available to reserve. Since its opening in 2017 the kitchen has been used over 50 times by more than 1200 students, families, and community members.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many ovens are available?
The kitchen has two ovens.
- Is there a microwave?
- Does the kitchen have cups, bowls, and plates?
Groups are asked to provide their own paper products.
- Are dish cloths and towels provided? Who washes them?
Yes, there are dish cloths and towels to use. You do not need to take them home to wash.
- What are my group’s clean up responsibilities?
Please download and refer to this checklist to make sure the kitchen is left clean for the next group.
- What happens if the kitchen or refrigerator is left uncleaned?
The group leader using the kitchen will be contacted the first time. If the issue persists, the group may not be able to reserve the kitchen again.
- How long will I have to wait to hear if the kitchen is available and my reservation accepted?
Within 24-48 hours after submitting the completed Kitchen Reservation form, you will be notified of its availability and acceptance of your reservation. Please check the calendar for initial availability.
Demo Kitchen Calendar
Come join Concordia’s Cooking Club!
When: Second Tuesday of every month
Time: 5:00 – 6:30 pm
Location: Demo Kitchen
Space is limited to the first 30 students who arrive at 5:00 pm.